Are you a walking enthusiast, desiring to take a guided walk in a quiet and serene environment in Doolin, “The Traditional Music Capital of Ireland”? At the West Coast of Ireland, amid the Atlantic Ocean and local plantations, and close to Shannon International Airport are the outstanding Cliffs of Moher. This is a leading tourist attraction offering you fresh breath, ambiance, and tranquility as you enjoy the walk. You get to understand the history behind the Cliffs of Moher and discover the hidden beauty of this place. Why choose the Cliffs of Moher?
The Amazing Experience. The walk is guided, well organized, and starts at 10.00 am every morning in Fisher Street outside O’Conner’s Pub. The walk is manageable by anyone above eight years and requires a basic fitness level. One of the most exciting experiences is the gradual rising of the cliffs as you “catch” the walking trail and the way the Atlantic waves crash below the cliffs’ base. The Cliffs of Moher are known for rural lifestyle preservation, and so as you walk, you come across local farms that have been maintained through generations. At this juncture, you can learn about the area’s history and how the local farmers have enjoyed the rural lifestyle over the years.
How about the spectacular view of rocky cliffs with varying shades of sky and the sea? Very interesting! The highest cliffs’ point is 702 feet or 214 metres above sea level. You can walk back to the cliffs of Moher Visitor centre and do some shopping at the craft shop. Public transport to Doolin is readily available.
Ambiance. The Cliffs of Moher’s guided walk enables you to experience ambiance as you enjoy clear nature’s views. To the south, you come across the Dingle Peninsula and the Aran Islands and to the North, the amazing Twelve Pins and Connemara mountains. The highest point is the O’Briens Tower that offers an excellent bird’s eye view, especially on a clear day. You may have walked away from any form of destruction, which is quite breath-taking.
and Tranquility. The
Doolin cliff walk allows you to discover the spectacular views of the cliffs
from different angles. As you walk along the clifftop, you can enjoy a clear
view of the Atlantic Ocean in different directions. The rising of the majestic cliffs up to 200
metres above you is such beautiful scenery. You can further enjoy the beautiful
view by taking a one hour cruise that starts at 3 pm daily.
More about the Doolin Cliff walk;
- Pat Sweeney founded the Doolin cliff walk. This stunning 9km walk starts from O’Connor’s pub on Fisher Street and heads to the majestic Cliffs of Moher along the Wild Atlantic Way.
- Pat is a 5th generation local farmer and a great historian. He is very passionate and proud of the 9km walk and his native Doolin and Clare.
- When you join Pat for this walk, he lets you understand how his childhood dream of being a local farmer became a reality and how he enjoys farming on the west coast of Ireland.
- Pat possesses local knowledge and considers this as a gift. He shares local places of interest and accompanies this with interesting local tales.
- Pat and his wife Mary own and run a traditional Irish farmhouse called the Doonagore Farmhouse. This boasts spectacular views of the Aran Islands and the Atlantic Ocean. Pat and Mary are very knowledgeable about the area and are renowned for their Irish welcome dubbed “Cead mile failte," to their home, locality, and Doolin at large.
- If you stay in Doonagore Farmhouse, you get a complimentary walk with Pat. Otherwise, you are charged €10 per person.
The multifaceted experience of the Cliffs of Moher is something to long for. The beauty of it is that this top-rated tourist attraction allows offers a unique and convenient accommodation with some traditional Irish music. You enjoy the ambiance and tranquility from the point of accommodation and breakfast until you get to the cliff walk. G. M. Trevelyan said," After a day’s walk, everything has twice its usual value."See you at the clifftop! Follow this link to learn more http://www.doolincliffwalk.com/